Development of luminescence properties by the manipulation of interface in Soft Crystals
Co-Investigator: Chao-Nan Xu (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Associate Professor)
Co-Researcher: Hitomi Ohmagari (College of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Assistant Professor)
Co-Researcher: Nicolas Marets (College of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Research Associate)
In the photochemical phenomenon, information concerning the molecules themselves and their aggregation is reflected sharply. In this study, we aim to develop luminescent material based on lanthanide compounds for new possible classification phase among three phases, such as transfer from the water surface to the solid substrate [LB film]or sol/gel[Hydrogel]. We focus on the orientation of the soft crystal of the interface complex and its photo properties by utilizing the interface of the difficult system. Luminescence of rare earths is accelerated via the excited state of the ligand, and therefore its mechanism is different from electronic absorption and energy relaxation (luminescence) of common organic molecules. For that reason, nobody knows the principle to establish the control of “polarized luminescence” and “long-lasting of luminescence”. Therefore, in this project, we will promote the research with the aim of exploiting rare-earth complexes and developing new optical properties by interfacial control of soft crystals.
- “Water-soluble lanthanide complexes with a helical ligand modified for strong luminescence in a wide pH region”, S. Ogata, T. Shimizu, T. Ishibashi, Y. Ishiyone, M. Hanami, M. Ito, A. Ishii, S. Kawaguchi, K. Sugimoto and M. Hasegawa, New J. Chem., 2017, 41, 6385-6394.
- “Organic Dye Adsorption by Amphiphilic Tris-Urea Supramolecular Hydrogel”, J. Takeshita, Y. Hasegawa, K. Yanai, A. Yamamoto, A. Ishii, M. Hasegawa, and M. Yamanaka, Chem. Asian J., 2017, 16, 2029- 2032 |
- “Solar-pumping Upconversion of Interfacial Coordination Nanoparticles”, A. Ishii, and M Hasegawa, Sci. Rep., 2017, 7, 41446 |
- “Polymorphism-based luminescence of lanthanide complexes with a deuterated 1,10-phenantholine”, S. Ogata, A. Ishii, C. Lu, T. Kondo, N. Yajima, M Hasegawa, J. Photochem. Photobio. A, 2017, 334, 55–60.
- “The Ethanol-induced Interfacial Reduction of a Europium Complex on SiO2 Nanoparticles”, A. Ishii, and M. Hasegawa, Chem. Lett., 2016, 45, 1265-1267.
- “An Interfacial Europium Complex on SiO2 Nanoparticles: Reduction-Induced Blue Emission System”, A. Ishii, M. Hasegawa, Sci. Rep., 2015, 5, 11714.
- Hasegawa Laboratory in Aoyama Gakuin University
- Yamanaka Laboratory in Meiji Pharmaceutical University