Creation of helical biopolymer-integrated softcrystal and its application to photo-electronic devices
DNA molecules, having well-designed double-helical structure, can incorporate functional molecules through various kinds of binding modes. The functionalized DNA complexes also form self-organized assembled structures, which can be considered as “DNA softcrystal”. In this research, we aim to create photo-electronic functional “DNA softcrystals” consisted of highly-organized and integrated functional DNA complexes. The highly-organized functional DNA complexes with functional materials are prepared by electrostatic orientation and stretching method. Then, stimuli-responsive control of electronic and optical properties in the DNA softcrystal is investigated. We also fabricate innovative functional devices based on novel functionalities of the DNA softcrystals.
- Ultrafast Response in AC-Driven Electrochemiluminescent Cell Using Electrochemically Active DNA/Ru(bpy)32+ Hybrid Film with Mesoscopic Structures
S. Tsuneyasu, R. Takahashi, H. Minami, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi,
Scientific Reports, 2017, 7, Art. no. 8525.
- Why were alternating-current driven electrochemiluminescence properties from a Ru(bpy)32+ dramatically improved by the addition of titanium dioxide nanoparticles?
S. Tsuneyasu, K. Ichihara, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi,
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 16317–16324.
- Temperature-dependent characteristics of non-volatile transistor memory based on a polypeptide
L. Liang, T. Fukushima, K. Nakamura, S. Uemura, T. Kamata, N. Kobayashi,
J. Mater. Chem. C, 2014, 2, 879–883.
- Multicolor Electrochromism Showing Three Primary Color States (Cyan–Magenta–Yellow) Based on Size- and Shape-Controlled Silver Nanoparticles
A. Tsuboi, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi,
Chem. Mater., 2014, 26, 6477–6485.
- Alternating-Current-Driven, Color-Tunable Electrochemiluminescent Cells
T. Nobeshima, M. Nakakomi, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi,
Advanced Optical Materials, 2013, 1, 144–149,
- "Electrochemically triggered upconverted luminescence for light-emitting devices" H. Minami, T. Ichikawa, K. Nakamura and N. Kobayashi, Chemical Communication, 2019, 55, 84, 12611-12614.DOI: 10.1039/C9CC05845A
- "A multicolor electrochromic device having hybrid capacitor architecture with a porous carbon electrode", Z. Liang, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, Solar Energy Mat. Solar Cells, 2019, 200, 109914.
- "Photonics of DNA/ruthenium(II) complexes" N. Kobayashi, H. Minami, K. Nakamura, Nanophotonics, 2018, 7, 1373-1385.
- "Enantioselective luminescence enhancement of chiral Ru(phen)32+ complexes by interaction with deoxyribonucleic acid" H. Minami, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, J. Nanophotonics, 2018, 12, Art. No. 33005.
- "A Viologen-Eu(III)-Modified TiO2 Electrode for Electroswitchable Luminescence and Coloration" K. Kanazawa, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, Chem. Select, 2018, 3, 9672-9680.
- "Enhanced red emissions of europium(III) chelates in DNA–CTMA complexes" K. Nakamura, H. Minami, A. Sagara, N. Itamoto, N. Kobayashi, J. Mat. Chem. C, 2018, 6, 4516-4522.DOI: 10.1039/C8TC00255J
- "Red luminescence control of Eu(III) complexes by utilizing the multi-colored electrochromism of viologen derivatives" K. Kanazawa, Y. Komiya, K. Nakamura, and N. Kobayashi, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2017,19, 16979-16988.DOI: 10.1039/C6CP08528H
- "Ultrafast Response in AC-Driven Electrochemiluminescent Cell Using Electrochemically Active DNA/Ru(bpy)32+ Hybrid Film with Mesoscopic Structures" S. Tsuneyasu, R. Takahashi, H. Minami, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, Sci. Rep., 2017, 7, 8525.
Attend international conferences and overseas dispatch
- "Electrochemically Controllable Emission and Coloration Using Luminescent Europium(III) Complex and Electrochromic Viologen Derivative" K. Nakamura, K. Kanazawa, N. Kobayashi (Invited), 231st Electrochemical Society Meeting (New Orleans, USA, May. 28-Jun. 1, 2017)
- "Effects of Electrolyte Composition on AC-Driven Electrochemiluminescence from Anthracene Derivatives Having Blue Emission" S. Tsuneyasu, T. Ichikawa, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, 231st Electrochemical Society Meeting (New Orleans, USA, May. 28-Jun. 1, 2017)
- "Photoelectronic application of DNA associated with metal complex" N. Kobayashi (Invited), SPIE Optics + Photonics (San Diego, USA, Aug. 6-10, 2017)
- "Emission properties of DNA/metal complex-based electrochemiluminescent cell" N. Kobayashi (Invited), SPIE Security and Defence (Warsaw, Poland, Sep. 11-14, 2017)
- "Novel Dual Mode Display with Electrochemistry" N. Kobayashi (Invited), 4th International Workshop on Nano- and Biophotonics (Vogue, France, Sep. 24-29, 2017)
- "Novel Organic Multi-Color Electrochromic Device for E-Paper Application" N. Kobayashi (Forcal), Printing for Fabrication 2017（33rd NIP） (Denver, USA, Nov. 5-9, 2017)
- "LSPR Band Tunable Ag Electrodeposition Based Electrochromic Cell Enabling Multicolor Representation " N. Kobayashi (Invited), 2017 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit (Boston, USA, Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2017)
- "A Multicolor Electrochromic Display Having Hybrid Capacitor Configuration with Carbon Electrode" Z. Liang, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, The 24th International Diplay Workshops (Sendai, Japan, Dec. 6-8, 2017)
- "Novel Electrochemical Modulation Device Enabling Control Between Transparent, Mirror, Black, and Light Emission State" S. Tsuneyasu, M. Kawara, K. Enomoto, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, The 24th International Diplay Workshops (Sendai, Japan, Dec. 6-8, 2017)
- "Improvement of Memory Properties of Ag Deposition-Based Electrochromic Device by Introducing Ion Exchange Membrane" S. Kimura, K. Nakamura, N. Kobayashi, The 24th International Diplay Workshops (Sendai, Japan, Dec. 6-8, 2017)
- "Localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) based electrochromic cell for multicolor representation" N. Kobayashi (Invited), 4th Internatilnal Workshpo on Chromogenic Materials and Devices (Tokyo, Japan, Jan. 25-25, 2018)